Beach in Tel Aviv- There were some interesting people on the beach, but we seemed to attract a lot of attention while sitting on the beach and singing/playing guitar.
Yesterday, I went to the Old City to pick up my Hadaya necklace. On the way to Hadaya, my friends and I passed the store that we had purchased scarves from a few weeks before, and Amen (the son of the store owner) remembered us and embraced us with hugs. Of course we went into the store and made about an hour long pit stop on the way to Hadaya because there are so many beautiful scarves and pieces of jewelry. It's a family owned store, so Amen's brother makes a lot of the jewelry. My friends and I decided that this store is our favorite in the Old City and we plan to buy ALL of our gifts for our family and friends there. After we finished shopping, a few of us went down to the Kotel to pray. I've decided that I will visit the Kotel as many times as I want throughout the next 5 months, but I will only go up to it and pray when I really feel that I need to. I don't want to forget how important and special it is to me, especially since I have the ability to go there whenever I want over the next 5 months. As soon as I turned around from walking back from the Kotel, I heard/saw a group of soldiers standing in front of the Israel flag singing "Hatikvah". As soon as "Hatikvah" ended, the call to prayer immediately began and it echoed all around me. I got chills and had another "Wow, this is the coolest country ever!" moment. All in all, things are going back to the way they were before I was sick and I am so thankful. L'hitraot for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment