Thursday, January 12, 2012

Packing, errands, and saying goodbye

The title of this post perfectly describes what I've been doing with my life in the past week.  I have most of my suitcases (Yes, I caved and I'm bringing 2 instead of 1) packed and I just have a few more errands to run today in order to finish packing.  I went down to Bloomington on Tuesday and Wednesday to say goodbye to my friends down there.  It was very strange being on campus, knowing that I had no responsibilities to take care of for my classes. So far I have not cried when saying bye to anyone.  I honestly don't think I'm comprehending that I'm leaving my home, friends, and family for 5 months.

In just 4 days, I will be in Jerusalem registering for classes and going through orientation.  I'll be able to look out the window of my apartment on Mount Scopus and see this beautiful view of Jerusalem.


  Thanks to those of you who gave me such great feedback about my last post. I look forward to keeping you guys updated on my adventures in Israel.  The best ways to communicate with me while I'm in Israel are Facebook, Skype (juwomack), and e-mail (juwomack@indiana.edu).  Next time I post, it will be from Jerusalem!

No comments:

Post a Comment